Question: “What is Islam?”
Answer: Islam means “submission,” deriving from a root word that means “peace.” The word Muslim means “one who submits to Allah.”
Question: What do Muslims believe?
Answer: Muslims believe in one god, who is Allah, and in angels, in messengers, in revelations of Allah, in the day of judgement, in the life of the hereafter, in the destination.
Question: How many doctrines of Islam is?
Answer: Muslims summarize their doctrine in six articles of faith
1. Belief in one Allah: Muslims believe Allah is one, eternal, creator, and sovereign.
2. Belief in the angels.
3. Belief in the revelations of Allah: Muslims accept certain portions of the Bible, such as the Torah and the Gospels. They believe the Qur’an is the pre-existent, perfect word of Allah.
4. Belief in the prophets: The prophets include the biblical prophets but end with Muhammad as Allah’s final prophet.
5. Belief in the last day of judgement and the hereafter: Everyone will be resurrected for judgment into either paradise or hell.
6. Belief in predestination: Muslims believe Allah has decreed everything that will happen.
Question: How many Pillars of Islam are? And what are they?
Answer: There are five pillars of Islam. These five tenets compose the framework of obedience for Muslims.
Question: Describe the five pillars of Islam.
1. The testimony of faith (Shahada): “La Ilaha illallah. Muhammadur Rasulullah.” A person can convert to Islam by stating this creed. The shahada shows that a Muslim believes in Allah alone as the deity and believes that Muhammad reveals Allah.
2. Prayer (Salat): Five ritual prayers must be performed every day.
3. Giving (zakat): This almsgiving is a certain percentage given once a year.
4. Fasting (sawm): Muslims fast during Ramadan in the ninth month of the Islamic calendar. They must not eat or drink from dawn until sunset.
5. Pilgrimage (hajj): If physically and financially possible, a Muslim must make the pilgrimage to Mecca in Saudi Arabia at least once. The hajj is performed in the twelfth month of the Islamic calendar
Question: Give the meaning of Shahada.
Answer: This means, “There is no deity but Allah. Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.
Question: How can a person convert to Islam?
Answer: A person can convert to Islam by stating the creed that there is no God but Allah, and Muhammad is the last messenger of Allah.
Question: How can a Muslim earn paradise?
Answer: Muslims believe that paradise can be earned through keeping the Five Pillars.
Question: What do you know about Quran?
Answer: Islam teaches that the Qur’an is the final authority and the last revelation of Allah.
Question: Who was Muhammad?
Answer: Muhammad was the last messenger of Allah.
Question: Was Muhammad the founder of Islam?
Answer: No, He was not a founder of Islam.